<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Guess what..........The internet can be used for some really bad doings. I have come to the conclusion that there will always be a slant to a news story, and more often than not I will disagree with the slant, or angle, or spin or flat out leftwing attitude.[hey I can slant too] But I thank this guy Anil Dash for posting this. If some bad things happen using the web I don't need anyone to say the web made it easy. I want someone to find the person that used the web this way and point the finger at them. That is the story ,a bad guy sold drugs on the web. Not someone bought "web drugs" The headline reads "Student died after buying web drugs". The web is not the story and the drugs are not the story. The story is the buyer and the seller.

Update. After reading the article in question the story is still not the web and although the seller needs to be a story because they are out there and are hard to stop the story in this case is the dead guy. The web had little to do with the death of this individual who needed help. And apparently he had a mother was close enough to see the problem and try to help her son. Her loss is real and her frustration and anger can't be understood by the likes of bloggers that read stories and try to defend our medium. I am sorry her son was overlooked and not helped in life and I am sorry her son was overlooked by writers that missed the point in his death.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?